Come explore what Bayou St John has to offer you! Bayou Paddlesports is located in Mid City New Orleans in the outdoor epicenter of the city next to City Park. Bayou Paddlesports offers 4 miles of paddling historic Bayou St John, a step back in time and a way to experience the bayou like a local. No need for a gym membership, this is a great way to get a workout while earning a days wages. We pride ourselves on offering our crew an opportunity to enjoy what they do while working outside helping people experience the joys of paddling. We're the only outfitter in the city that provides rentals right on the water. We are committed to providing our paddlers with caring, gracious service in the traditions of genuine southern hospitality. Come join the Bayou Paddlesports team!
Crew Job Description
Bayou Paddlesports operates an outdoor livery service renting kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddle boards on beautiful Bayou St John in Mid City New Orleans. The crew is responsible for greeting and assisting guests while providing a safe environment for recreation. This position is year round weather permitting.
Essential Duties and Services
- Handle money, maintain accurate records to include daily deposits, collect rental fees, make accurate change, and assist guests with rental form agreements.
- Monitor launch site area, distribute life jackets to ensure proper usage, conduct water patrols if necessary, drain kayaks, clean exterior and interior of kayaks, properly maintain and clean all SUP paddle boards, follow all opening and closing procedures.
- Monitor all activities; keep the rental site clean, safe and orderly.
- Report all unsafe conditions and equipment, such as paddles, life jackets, etc. to supervisor.
- Provide paddle safety and general information in a friendly and courteous manner within the standards of Bayou Paddlesports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Completion of high school preferred but not mandatory
- Strong ability to communicate to the public and give instructions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- CPR certifications preferred
- Flexible schedule available on weekends and holidays
- Experience with the operation of a kayak, paddle board and canoe is preferred but not required
- Prior experience with customer service preferred
- Prior experience with kayaking and SUP preferred
- Good arithmetic skills and neat handwriting required
- Ability to work outside in hot humid weather
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Bayou Paddlesports is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any independent contractor or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or due to pregnancy.
- Produce 30-40 photos for web, print, social media use/ month
- 10 videos / month
- edit and upload them on google drive
- pay: $250/ month negotiable based on experience and work
- independent contractor, compensation is to be billed via email weekly/ biweekly invoice for work completed
- Marketing Booth at local art markets, fairs, and any other place that would allow some face to face opportunity to reach the public.
- set up our tent, table, spin wheel, give away prizes, info cards, stickers and more
- share info, answer questions about the company, operations, group events, and anything else.
- Book private outings!
- Independent Contractor with flat rates booth appearances and commission based sales, compensation is to be billed via email weekly/ biweekly invoice for work completed